Thursday, November 17, 2005

Ghost Town

meloncholy | Aimee Mann

Okay, so here's my take this whole situation.

Apparently since my updates have been far and few these last weeks, I haven't noticed the oversized banners flashing and running amok on top of my journal's head. But the greedy AOL execs using my collection of thoughts as a form of advertisement has been brought to my attention through some of my favorite journals that were formerly located in our close-knit little community. These journals packed up their thoughts and words and what was left of their hope and moved on to different non-AOL journaling services. I will be doing the same.

I will leave my new address when I get there and settled in.

Am I sad to leave this journal behind? The one I wrote in for 2 years and 2 days?

Absolutely.

But this just shows me that it's time for a little change.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh man.  I missed your anniversary?  Two days ago?  Oh yeah.  That's the day we got hit by Hurricane Quiznos.  Well Happy Anniversary anyway, Marissa.  And I miss this place too.  Still unpacking my bags over at Bloggertown.

~~ jennifer
AOL Refugee
http://jenniferandwalter.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I think you should stay. I barely notice the adverts and there are so few bloggers who keep it real. 2 years of journal is a large body of work to just walk away from.

Anonymous said...

let me know where you are Marissa.
You're one of my favorite people here.
Kathleen

Anonymous said...

give mine a try, its pretty good.