Friday, July 8, 2005

My Colossal Purchase

So, I bought a painting.

There is an annual sidewalk showcase of local artists sponsered through MWPAI, and I go every year.

So last Friday night, clad in my fabulous dress, I went solo. And you know what? There's no one else I would've rather gone with. I was free to do whatever I wanted, so I did just that. And when I left, I was $600 poorer but not empty handed.

I picked up an acrylic painting of Rome's Colosseo. And being I just got back from there, I fell in love with it. I don't know too much about the man who painted it other than he has other paintings featured in the museum and that he's extreeeemely talented.

I will always have this painting as a reminder of my trip and what I saw while I was there. And I love that it's original. I'm not the kind of person who can find happiness within an arid print...or something that everyone else has.

It looks great against the orange walls.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh, i love them both.
I can't wait to wear regular clothes again
I'm jealous
Kathleen

Anonymous said...

Marissa Says,"Isn't there anyone out there with a good heart anymore?"
Of course there is.
Please promise me you won't pull an Anna Nicole and hangout at the nursing homes,
promise.
You'll find a mature boy,
I promise you will

Kathleen
p.s. I don't know why you deleted that entry, it was really good

Anonymous said...

Wow.  What a great painting.  
And you're right....a Fabulous dress!!  It's beautiful.
Love,
Mandy

Anonymous said...

i miss my marissa :( :( :(