Sunday, April 4, 2004

It's raining, it's snowing, the red river is flowing

I'm sick of being the driver.

Being the only one of my friends who drives or has an access to a car, I am torn between going out or not going out. If I go out, I must drive. If I don't want to drive, I can't go out. Perfect little math equation. If something, then something. Let X=Marissa's laziness. Let Y=Saturday nights at home.

You do the math.

It's beginning to snow here. Can you believe this? I'm reminded of a quote from a great little journal I read regularly:

"Okay, not to be wearying on this particular subject, but this flagrant disassociation from the truth by those at the National Weather Service has just got to stop. I was promised -- promised! -- 45 degree weather today, and what do I get? Snowflakes the size of bumble bees! Even now they're falling from the sky, mocking me in their polyploidial size and unnatural enthusiasm to aggravate my Seasonal Affective Disorder." http://journals.aol.com/johnmscalzi/bytheway/

It's only right that it should start to snow again. When it began to melt, I was excited and a little hopeful that I would find love soon. And now that it's snowing, it fits almost perfectly together with my slightly broken heart and lack of faith in love and meteorologists.

 

No comments: