Wednesday, March 9, 2005

Another Wednesday

So here it passes me: Another Wednesday! Finished! Woohoo!

Why so excited, you ask?

Wednesday's are crappy days. 9 a.m. class days. Lab day. Nothing makes me crankier. 'Cept maybe crashin' my one-week-old car! Into a NO PARKING sign!

Ooops!

I have $600+ I would LURVE to spend on that. Red paint is the most expensive, you know.

Got my itinerary for mia viaggia to my homeland today. And a whole list o' rules for the obese, obnoxious, blood-sucking Americans! Complete with a "what not to wear" list! Apparently the Pope doesn't like looking down the sweaty cleavage of the said American women. Makes his throat dry or something, I suppose.

No shirts with American words on.

No talk of the President.

No skirts above the knee.

Shirts with sleeves.

And a few of my personal faves:

Carry travellers checks in a money belt. You WILL be pickpocketed.

Don't get drunk.

Keep American visibility to a minimum.

Alright, that one stumped me. I called upon Jeopardy champ Brian to dumb it down for me. "It means don't act American."

Looks like I'll have to unpack my Kraft Mac & Cheese! Aw, snap.

Had a nice night at work tonight. I waited on less than 10 customers in a five hour period. So I sat on the bench and read A Streetcar Named Desire on which I will be writing a little ditty about for class Friday. Wonderful.

Wait. I know something more wonderfuller. I think it's is WONDERFUL that work decided to not schedule me my usual 25 hours next week. Instead, I got 30! Including dressing up as the Easter Bunny for 8 hours next Saturday at our FREE FAMILY FUN EVENT! Stop by! Take pictures! I'll make you balloon animals in between egg hunts! (...is that sarcasm I smell? It's certaintly not Easter spirit...)

The girl I work with that's running it asked me to do it. "You're so cute and peppy, you'd be great."

How could I turn that down? I love when people other than myself recognize the fact that I am undeniably fabulous. The only glitch? I DON'T LIKE KIDS! OR EASTER! AND I DON'T KNOW HOW TO MAKE BALLOON ANIMALS!

This ought to be good.

Wee Child #1 - "Easter Bunny, will you make me a giraffe?"

MEaster Bunny - "No. But I will make you a worm! Here you go! Don't forget to blow it up!"

 

But alas, homework calls.

(   I actually ate cabbage earlier and I think its on call waiting :)   )

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

there will be hell to pay if i dont get to see some pics of you as the easter bunny!

Anonymous said...

Hey Bunny.  You just know I'm going to change Marissa to Bunny on my sidebar now.  If there are no pictures, well, I will urge every obnoxious person I know to visit you.  

And who wants balloon animals.  Give them balloon balls instead.  This was a big Giraffe, little wee one, and all we could salvage were the testicles...

Yea.  That works for me.

Gotta change the sidebar now.

~~ jennifer

Anonymous said...

No shirts with American words
well then you better unpack your
"I heart David Hasselhoff" shirts
We got all of those same rules when we went to Europe, don't worry,
if you get drunk, you'll downplay your American visibility, and just fit in
even the pope is drunk
Kathleen