Tuesday, March 1, 2005

When pigs fly...

 

I know, I know. Six days and no update. What the hell has Marissa been up to?

For starters, I moved EVERYTHING out of my room and painted my dingy old mint green walls a very obnoxious orange and have been residing on the lovely couch provided to me by my parents. I never thought the word stiff was bad, until I awoke the next morning, that is.

I finished my first round of tests at school and did suprisingly fabulous, despite my crumbling ambition which paralyzed me the first few weeks.

I found that by keeping busy I have not allowed myself to spin too far out of control. However, I can only refurbish my room for so long. I must find something else! Perhaps I will build a shed! Or a picket fence! Or a mosque! The possibilites are infinite!

Work has been a little tough these few days. I was up for promotion, but I turned it down figgering I wouldn't be able to juggle 30 hours on top of school, but little did I know that they'd schedule me 25 hours anyway! After weeks of getting 12! I could use the money though. Italy aint cheap. My work buddy Tracy got a new job and left me there with the Lindsey Lohan cheerleader lookalike. I could die. I must remember to not kill her. (...as I get out a piece of red string...no, make that twine.)

I also went on a journey to find some new music and caught THE CLASH from Brian. Here's what else I caught: (and by caught I mean downloaded)

"America" - Paul Simon

"Are You A Hypnotist?" - Flaming Lips

"Both Hands" - Ani DiFranco

"Counting Blue Cars" - Dishwalla

"Fall to Pieces" - Velvet Revolver

"Flight 601" -Fenix Tx

"Globes and Maps" - Something Corporate

"Hate To Say I Told You So" - The Hives

"Highway 61 Revisited" - Bob Dylan

"I Love How You Love Me" - Beth Orton

"I Love Rock and Roll" - Joan Jett

"I Want You" - Elvis Costello

"It's Hard to Say" - The Used

"Just Like Heaven" - The Cure

"Konstantine" - Something Corporate

"Last Dance with Mary Jane" - Tom Petty

"Life is a Highway" - Tom Cochrane

"Mother" - Pink Floyd

"Oh What a World" - Rufus Wainwright

"Personal Jesus" - Depeche Mode

"Piece of my Heart" - Janis Joplin

"Police and Thieves" - The Clash

"Pour Some Sugar on Me" - Emm Gryner

"Sowing the Seeds of Love" - Tears for Fears

"Existentialism on Prom Night" - Straylight Run

"The Boxer" - Simon and Garfunkel

"They'll Soon Discover" - The Shins

"Turn the Page" - Bob Seger

"Untouchable Face" - Ani DiFranco

"Voices Carry" - Til Tuesday

"What Happens Tomorrow" - Duran Duran

"When the Day is Short" - Martha Wainwright

"Worn me Down" - Rachel Yamagata

"Worry Rock" - Green Day

"You and Me" - Lifehouse

 

I'm still looking for more. Give it up. Who are you listening to?

 

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

America=Awesome
Both Hands=Ani is way cool!  Saw her in concert once!
Fall To Pieces=Lets hope Scott W. doesn't ok?
Life is A Highway=Old but great!
Mother=Pink Floyd ANYTHING rocks!
Oh What A World=Rufus if you weren't gay and I wasn't a lesbian...<sigh>
Personal Jesus=Fav Depeche song
Piece Of My Heart=Janis, oh how we miss you...
Turn The Page=Bob, it's time for a new
Voices Carry=Hush Hush!

Right now, I'm listening to my all time favorite Melissa Etheridge.  You should download some of her stuff!

-Connie

Anonymous said...

The Partridge Family.  You want me to send you my faves?

~~ jennifer

Anonymous said...

Just a random guy with some random songs! :)

Rancid - time bomb
Bright eyes - Take it easy
Elvis Costello - Waiting for the end of the world
Elvis Costello - Watching the detectives
Wheat - Breathe
Postal Service - Sleeping in
Midtown- Is it me is it you
Pink Floyd - Another Brick in the wall
Pink Floyd-  Breathe
Midtown - whole new world
Cake - rock and roll lifestyle
Phenix - Love 4 granted
Arcade fires - lies
mates of state - along fo the ride
Dr.Demento - Dead Puppies