Tuesday, March 8, 2005

Early Morning Swan Song

In honor of coffee being my favorite thing ever to wake up to on those mornings I am forced to get out of bed unwillingly for a better future, here's yet another edition of Marissa's Unofficial Incomplete List of Fabulous Things. (Funny how I say "yet" and I think there's only one or two others.)

1 - COFFEE.

Starbucks, Dunkin' Donuts, home-brewed...I don't care. It's caffeine infused ground bean goodness is the only thing I look forward to on these neverending snowy mornings. It's hot and it's a pick-me-up for my dragging ass. What I wouldn't do to that Columbian guy...and his horse...

2 - MY KONSTANTINE

I thought I'd get over this song and get sick of it, but I really can't. I don't know what I love more; the fact it tears my heart out each time I listen to it in it's 9+ minute entirity or that it's my token 'eclectic' song. Either way, it's my morning mourning song. (And I am convinced the word morning is just for that; 8 o'clock is an ungodly hour, even for a god like myself. Start your day off the holy way!)

3 - AMERICAN IDOL 

I have to admit, before this season, I never saw what all the fuss was about. To me, (and sorry Jennifer) Clay Aiken and Reuben were equally nothing to get my panties in a bunch over. However, this season, they got rock band front mans! (I am FULLY aware 'mans' is actually 'men'. I'm earning my degree. You don't know me!)   These "manties" would love a piece of Constantine Maroulis!

4 - DIGITAL CAMERAS

So I've had one since Christmas. Never touched it. Until it touched me...*sighs* It's beautiful! Since I fell in love with it no more than 4 days ago, I've taken 100+ pictures of nothing but me. I <3 it. But what I love even more than that, is threatening my coworkers with pictures of my ass in their inboxes! What I wouldn't give!         E-MOONS!

5 - BRATTY SISTERS

I know what you're thinking. "Marissa! How can  you bethankful for an ingrate for a sister?!" It's not easy, trust me, but sometimes there's nothing more gratifying than sitting back and enjoying a nice piece of fruit whilst she throws a hissy fit. Case and point: My sister, being a conniving little wench, switches her broken phone charger with mine, the not broken one (broken and not broken being the operative terms here). Well, nedless to say, with my sleuth-by-nature ways, I find out. And I do what any other Barnaby Jonesette would do. I switch back! Ha! That ought to teach her!...It doesn't. She storms in my room in likeness of Hurrican Charley to Florida. AND THROWS HER OWN BROKEN CHARGER AT ME! Gah! I didn't know the terrible-two's were also the terrible twenty-two's. The next day I awake to find a brand new phone charger thanks to dear old dad. I get a brand new charger. She has my old one. I get satisfaction.

6 - THE HOURS

Not  much to say. The most beautiful movie ever made. If my eyes were a movie projector this is what you'd be seeing. What I see.

7 - CONVERSATIONS

In order for a conversation to be just that, you must first gain and hold my attention. And it must surpass the "bullshitting" stage. I want to walk away feeling like I got something more than spit on my face.

8 - DADS

I know, I know. Two family shoutouts? Unheard of! The reason Dad made it to the Top Ten is for his daddliness. Not only did he bring me coffee ( <3) but he cleaned ten pounds of snow off my car in the frigid weather! I have the Dadipus Complex.

9 - PEOPLE FALLING IN PUBLIC

Do I really need to explain?! Hilarity almost always ensues.

10 - LED ZEPPELIN

I feel the need to somehow redeem myself after mooning over Something Corporate for months.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank god for dads and all the crap jobs they do for us. salute!

Anonymous said...

aw, I'm ususally the one falling in public
hopefully I'll stop laughing so hard that I almost pee on myself
and those are purty manties
Kathleen