Thursday, May 26, 2005

Onward.

...on the verge of greatness...

drove out to Syracuse today to visit one of the loveliest ladies around...Heather. Dragged my arse out of bed this morning, heart heavy but I knew I had the whole day ahead of me, I should at least see where its gon' take me! I drove like a madwoman across water and made it to her house without getting lost twice....once was enough. Met her wonderful family...everyone seems so gracious and in love with each other there. Her father stood, his hand out to shake mine...it was nice. Her friend lives with her too, she was really pretty. Heather's room had this ginormous (that's jai- normous) painting sitting on the dresser...it had alot of gold and green it, the wooden frame was splitting and chipped. She told me she found it on the side of the road. Cool.

((While writing this I noticed that as I was typing a sentence the word DIE magically appeared on the screen. ...Just another reason life is crazzzzayyy...do they call that a Freudian typo? Hmmm...))

We went downtown to get a cup o' coffee...the first shop we went to was closed and before we could think, "now what?" we turned around at a stone's throw and saw another one. It's the Wal-Mart for intellectual caffeine addicts. A cappucino and an espresso shot was 6 bucks...this is what I work for?

Her friend Jeff came with us...a budding photographer. We'd stop every few steps or so so he could take a shot...I trust a camera more than my memory, however something about trying to make time stand still freaks me out a little. Onward.

I'm writing all the numbers from my cellphone into my wee pocket-sized address book, as well addresses...it's coming to Italy with me. Postcards must be sent. Cell phone is off. Over the last few days I couldn't help but feel completely trapped by the idea of a mobile device...I want letters. Something with a little more personality. And I really abhor customers yapping away on their cell phones in the store...when did everyone become so chatty anyway? Is there really that much to say? Come on now. Cant everyone see cell phones are bad? They promote gossip. And gossip is bad. Mmkay?

I'm also working on a list of things I need to do when I get back...decisions must be made. Life decisions. I usually save life decisions for Denny's, but I may have to make an exception...must be productive. Onward. I want to write letters to friends...make special gifts for all the birthdays I've missed...put artwork up in my room...save up money for travelling...

Iz' raining here again...it's like the 4th day in a row or something. As I was driving this morning I drove out of the thick patchy clouds into sunshine...I saw a plane fly by. I felt like it had my heart.

Onward.

 

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ugh, I am still so jealous of you and your italy trip.
I have a confession to make,
I am in love with my cell phone,
but I promise to stop spreading gossip.
Unless its real real good.
Mkay?
Don't forget to get some amazing shoes on sale in Italy
Kathleen

Anonymous said...

i'm glad you liked your present, i stuffed the lamb myself, like the actual stuffing.