Sunday, May 29, 2005

Birthday Girl pt. 2 - Bon Voyage!

Less than 2 hours left of my birthday : (

I really wish it could last forever. How I love celebrating that wonder that is me.

I spent a very small portion of the day packing and now, as I look around my room at the various stacks of clothing, I feel I should've focused on it a little more. I don't know what to bring. I hate to look touristy so that automatically excludes shorts, visors, fanny packs, socks & sneakers...basically anything my mom would wear. I want to look stunning. I packed a few really fancy dresses. And nothing says cobblestone roads better than high heels.

So that's settled.

I packed the usual - - - slutty underwear, condoms, curling iron, straightening iron, oversized ego, travel sized Operation, Tums.

I left the following things home - - - bad attitude, pessimistic outlook, overall sadness, broken heart, people who don't call me for my birthday. (How's that for discreet?)

Things I wish I could bring - - - Tracy! Anthony! Backstreet Boys pillow. My Egg!

Obviously I am still neglecting packing as this entry just grows and grows.

Tomorrow is not going to be fun. After a 5 hour bus trip to NYC, I board a plane for a 7-8 hour flight to Zurich, then hop a train for however long to Basel and arrive there at 8:15 the next morning. Thursday is all about Luzern and by Friday I'll be in Florence for 5 days. Then, off to Rome! I'll be back on the 10th.

Bon Voyage!

Spera qui che trovo la felicità che merito. Desiderarme la fortuna. Mancarme mentre sono andato. Te amo sempre.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

amber is jealous. i won't be here when you get back though, going to that which is bonnaroo, back on the 13th!

Anonymous said...

Oh I am so excited for you.
Fanny Packs!! Tell me you wouldn't wear those in America either!!
Bring lots of asprin, drinking so much wine will kill you and no one wants to be hungover in Italy.
Why can't you bring your backstreet boy pillow??
Ah, anyway, take tons of pics, find lots of yummy Italian men,
and I do, I wish you the best!
Kathleen

Anonymous said...

marissa im sooooo very sorry for not calling you on your birthday....my mind....body....and spirit just aren't with me nor have they been at all since i've arrived here in florida, i promise i will make it up to you. i miss you so much you don't even know, you and so many others, such as Tracy and Erin (jealous), you girls look like you've been having the time of your lives without me, shatter my heart right now, tear down my cheek, God why am i here sometimes.....love you

Anonymous said...

Hope you're drinking fine wine and having the time of your life right about now.
Hope you remembered not to bring any fanny packs
Ciao!
Kathleen

Anonymous said...

yay!! I Know you're back! Give me Italian stories!
I need to hear them all!
Kathleen