Monday, October 24, 2005

hot child in the city

d.c. - drinking coffee | Jack Johnson

Ok, so I'm cheating - - - updating before I even get home!

It's my last few hours in D.C. and I had some time to spare before I hop a wee jet home tonight at 10.

I had a great few days...and I even accomplished what I set out to...made my decisions for the next few months, got a lot of thinking done. And alot of shopping, naturally.

I'm gonna miss it here, but like they say, it's a nice place to visit but I wouldn't wanna live here. Marissa's not the big city kind of a girl. Marissa is not one to talk in first person, either. I'm gonna miss Brian and the roomies, too.

Nina, his girl roomie, is FABULOUS. Wouldn't you know there was another Marissaling out there somewhere shopping in a parallel universe?! Our closets are almost identical! We have the same zebra jammies so Friday night we had a girls night and we wore our pjs and drank wine and knitted and talked about the boys and how lame they are.

I got over my phobia of escalators. And Metros. I still don't like Metros. if you asked me before my trip I would've said Metros? Isn't that a MLB team? And FYI, in case any of you plan and riding the wild Metro anytime soon, make sure NOT to laugh. People will give you DIRRRTY looks. There's no laughing on the Metro. This is Bob Dole's chair.

And I got Brian to watch 4 episodes of Sex and the City with me! Hahaha!

The weather wasn't so great. But hey! It's better than the week of snow predicted at home! It poured on us for 4 hours while looked at all the touristy stuff.

Yesterday I spent some time with Todd, the other roommate. He got me hooked on the Most Amazing Police Videos. I watched it for 5 hours straight. And ate Slim Jims. Thankfully Nina came home to rescue me before I started to grow a penis.

She took me out shopping and for coffee to get the testosterone out of my body and to regulate my estrogen levels by trying on shoes.

Somewhere between Metros and shoe shopping and touristing, I messed up my foot pretty bad. I don't know what happened but it KILLS. I felt like an old lady as I winced trying to hold my shopping bags and cross a busy intersection, without falling on my bad foot. I can't believe I have a bad foot! I'm only 20!

Alright people. Time to get offline. This is the last leg (or bad foot) of my trip and I'm not spending it sitting here! If you happen to be driving through Chevy Chase (Maryland, that is, hahaha.) and see a short girl hobbling towards Saks Fifth Avenue, don't honk, you will more than likely scare her. 

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

fart