Friday, April 8, 2005

Not your usual survey...

* Have you been sad a lot lately? Yes.

* Have you had crying spells? Yes.

* Is there a change in your productivity or your ability to concentrate? Yes.

* How does your future look? So bright I need shades!

* Do you have difficulty making decisions? Um, I'm not sure.

* Have you lost interest in aspects of life that used to be important to you? Very much so.

* Are you tired? Always.

* Do you feel guilty or like a failure? Not so much a failure, but guilty yes.

* Do you wish you were dead? Sometimes.

Untreated episodes of major or acute depression last an average of about six months. At least five of the symptoms below must occur for a period of at least two weeks, and they must represent a change from previous behavior or mood. Depressed mood or loss of interest must be present.

* depressed mood on most days for most of each day : Yes

* total or very noticeable loss of pleasure most of the time : I don't think I really had the pleasure to begin with.

* significant increase or decrease in appetite, weight, or both: I love and will always love to eat.

* sleep disorders, either insomnia or excessive sleepiness, nearly every day: If not one then the other.

* ongoing physical symptoms such as headaches or digestive disorders that don't respond to treatment: Ah, this explains the migraines and constant indigestion.

* sexual dysfunction: oddly enough no. I heart getting it on.

* feelings of agitation or a sense of intense slowness: yesss

* loss of energy and a daily sense of tiredness: yesss. I want to sleep my life away.

* sense of guilt and worthlessness nearly all the time: My life story.

* inability to concentrate occurring nearly every day: yes

* recurrent thoughts of death or suicide: yes

 

Now what?

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh god, I had to take that survey in high school.
I was ripped out of class and put in a doctors office to fill it out.
I got lots of great drugs though
Kathleen