Wednesday, September 28, 2005

What lays ahead...

reflective | "Beast of Honor"

For some reason, I woke up earlier than usual this morning. I rolled out of bed at the crack of 9:30 and found myself with a whole day ahead of me.

It was 10:30-ish by the time I left my house to go get coffee. And as I drove, for once not rushed to get to school or work, I noticed something.

The leaves are beginning to change.

And then I noticed something else. I had a sweater with me and my windows were only rolled halfway down. Fall is officially here.

Initially I was sad to leave my summer behind. My summer that was the best summer of my life. It started out perfect with a wonderful birthday and then a trip to Europe... and finally meeting one of my bestest online friends ever (I met Amber through AOL Journals!), taking Sean to Six Flags before he left for Florida and having a kickass time, getting to know and falling in love with the wonder that is Katarina...hanging out at the movie theater and seeing Wedding Crashers wayyyy too many times...not to mention being promoted and getting two raises. I got to go off-roading in my baby (allow me to introduce you to my fabulous truck!) ... Damn, this summer has been perfection.

I'm sorta sad to see it go.

However...

This fall is looking pretty good as well. I've already been baking, since autumn is the time for pie and have been feeding all my friends and coworkers. I've got my trip to D.C. in less than a month, I'm adoring my Art class and even more than that...I'm adoring John. *giggles like the TOTAL girl she is*

It's a time for change, corny I know, but it's very welcomed.

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you really did have a great summer!  
I wish I could say that mine was as exciting, but that'd be a big ol' lie!
~Mandy~

Anonymous said...

yay, I yay to those pictures.
such good stuff
And I yay this entry too,
Its so good to see you grow
Kathleen

Anonymous said...

Very very welcomed!

You made me smile.  And today that's a feat in itself.  I'm just so glad you're smiling too.

~~ jennifer