Thursday, December 23, 2004

Knack on wood.

It seems everyone has a "knack" for something nowadays.

Tom Brokaw had a knack for broadcasting the same way Martha has a knack for cooking. Ken Jennings had a knack for jeopardy just as George Carlin has a knack for telling jokes.

But I ask you, what is this knack? And why does everyone and their mother have one? Where do you get one?

I think I may be the only one in the world who doesn't have one of these knack-things. Up until my cheesecake went up in flames (literally) today, I hid behind the facade that I too was on the Martha Stewart bandwagon. Well guess what, ladies and gentlemen, I'm not a baker! I do not have the knack for it!

I'm lacking a knack. I'm a knack-lacker. One without a knack.

I can't sing. I can't fly an airplane. I can't even walk and fart at the same time. I must face the god-awful truth, I was born knackless.

How often do you hear this come up in conversations: Our Johnny has a real knack for tying his shoes.

You don't and youknow why? Because tying your shoes is not a knack! It's a survival skill. Save it Johnny, you have a knack for pedophelia, your parents just don't know it yet.

Knack Knack.

Whose there?

Marissa who?

Marissa doesn't have a knack.

Laughter ensues.

 

I'm not laughing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

maybe we should start a club, knackless anonymous or something. i don't have one either....

Anonymous said...

OMG.  If you don't have a knack for writing and I don't mean spelling either.  I mean writing as in 'a writer'... I don't know who does.  ~Sie http://journals.aol.com/sieblonde/Pfft