Saturday, February 28, 2004

The Naked Chef

After rolling out of bed at 11:00, I went out into the living room to join my dad, who, after getting out of the hospital, is on "couch rest," was watching the Food Network, as usual.

It was a new show today. Not our usual "Paula's Home Cooking," that we ritualistically watch, hungrily, as we poke at our own homemade runny poached eggs and boring jellied toast. Nope. This show was called "Everyday Italian," with Chef Giada De Laurentiis. Now I'm not sure if any of you have ever tuned into this or not, but lets just say that this show has alot of pizzaz.

Today she was making a vegetable casserole. Complete with zucchini, red peppers, tomatoes, sweet potatoes and squash. She cut up each vegetable with such grace, while enticing the mostly male viewers (I'm assuming) with such adjectives as, "Firm, juicy, plump, succulent..." Her skin tight black shirt clinging to her like Saran Wrap. She was indeed scantily clad. Her breasts were bulging like two giant honeydews, as were my dad's eyes. Her hair messied at the top of her head, dark strands grazing her cheeks. Her skin dewy and pink, from the "heat" of the kitchen.

It was certainly an uncomfortable situation. 

If it wasn't for my runny eggs I bet I could be that succulent too.

No comments: