Saturday, February 7, 2004

Stop the ride I wanna get off!

Again I sit here. Feeling the way I do, but not knowing why. I woke up perfectly fine, went to sleep perfectly fine, rinse and repeat.

I went to my very own personalized torture chamber today. It was a jewelry store, complete with sweet man in hat buying an engagement ring and Elton John's "I Want Love" playing in the background. I wish someone just snuck rat poison into my eggs at IHOP this morning. It would've been easier. (By the way, if you go to IHOP and order the International Breakfast, do not, I repeat, do NOT get the Swedish Crepes. It was like eating a wet sock.)

My life isn't a roller coaster. It's a ferris wheel. It just keeps going around and around in these circles and all I can say is "stop the ride I wanna get off!"

I'm feeling so [insert adjective that describes WHY ON EARTH someone would actually listen to Madonna on thier own free will] that I'm actually listening to Madonna. Normally, she makes me grit my teeth but today I've given that up on account that I'm way too depressed to even move. It's on a loop and I'm screwed until the guy who runs the ride gets back from getting a slush puppy and falafel. Damn Carnivals.

And to agree with Elton, I too, want love.

But it's impossible.

Buy a Pepsi, download the song and get the hell off of this ferris wheel.

No comments: