Wednesday, March 24, 2004

Dear Charley:

Dear Charley,

After knowing you one night I decided I liked you. You were attractive, sweet, funny and listened to "The Jovi." It was too good to be true? Maybe.

After talking to you for weeks I decided I still liked you. You called me beautiful, asked me to be your girlfriend, told me you missed me and couldn't wait to see me. And although I do admit I was cynical, at the same time I was experiencing such joy it was beyond belief.

I would think of you at night when I'd lay in bed and think of your arms around me like that night in the car, how warm they felt, how good it felt. I would think about silly little things, like how we could go visit Steve and Katie and watch "Super Troopers." (hahahaha, wipes tear from eye.)

Truth is, I really liked you. Not just like another guy. I had hope that you were different. That you didn't just want sex. That you wanted me for me and all I could bring to a relationship, just as I wanted you and all you could bring too.

There's so much to say but it's all already been said, just not to you. So this is it. I'm done with you. I'm done waiting for nothing, waiting for you to get online at night, done waiting for you to not call, done waiting for something that was never going to happen. And don't think I didn't want it to happen. It only didn't happen because you never gave it a chance. You never gave me the chance.

"Charley loses out doesn't he"

That he does.

Goodbye.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AMEN SISTA! Props to you girlie!