Friday, March 12, 2004

Frostbitten

I'm so frustrated.

I woke up this morning to the sound of wind colliding with my bedroom windows. Here I'm thinking it's going to be a glorious day like yesterday, but alas, I arise from my cozy bed and WHAM! It hits me! SNOW! A white blanket smothering my beautiful green grass! What the hell kind of low rent shit is this?! Not cool.

Next, again with the journal acting up. I don't know what's going on, I'm computer illiterate so this just isn't working out for me. And the popups? 52 as of 10 minutes. It's like girl scouts coming to your door during cookie season. They're very intrusive, like Hitler.

Still no ringing telephone. It's loud and clear, thankyouverymuch. No more sex on the first date. Got the message.

Spring break awaits me. While others are in Florida or California or Bornio or wherever, I'm here. In upstate NY, shoveling my driveway, breaking out the winter boots I was so happy to put away a week ago.

And as I shake the snow from my hair, I laugh. Not because life is funny this time, but because it's just my luck that snow got in my socks.

 

No comments: