Saturday, December 6, 2003

Inebriation creation

I'm not your typical college student. I'm not interested in partying, belonging to a sorority house or being at risk for menginitis. And up until a few days ago, I didn't drink either. Just the idea of not being able to control your own bodily functions and/or disclosing personal information you otherwise wouldn't share never really appealed to me. Although on more than one occasion I have lost control of my bodily functions, but not as a result of drinking too much. I haven't gotten completely drunk, ever. You know, drunk to the point you can't remember things and to the point you have sex with a couch just to relieve your sexual frustrations. 

At times I've felt that I was missing out on the whole "college experience" by continuing to live at home. At one point my friend and I even contemplated getting a dorm just so we could experience an "Animal House" type thing. We both live literally down the street from our college, so it seemed pointless. We even tried to have our own party at his house. Just the two of us dancing to techno music. Well it was one person dancing at a time because someone had to stand near the light switch and turn it on and off for the strobe light effect. Not too fun. Not too college-like, I suppose.

Anyhow, I haven't learned yet that drinking doesn't make you an adult. But I will inform you as soon as I learn my lesson.

Have a lovely day.

No comments: