Monday, December 1, 2003

She said all the brains I had went to my head...

What have I learned since the beginning of the semester? I learned that you cannot die of a broken heart. Unfortunately, you still breathe. Still wake up, still cry, ache and hurt. You still function. Your heart still beats, your mind still races. Your blood still flows. What I learned wasn't in a textbook nor was it taught. It was learned, however, through experience. Perhaps the only thing they cannot charge you for in college. Hands on, real life experience.

School was my escape. My escape from my pain and my broken heart. Getting up to go to school everyday was my goal and eventually I grew to enjoy my classes, the people, my campus. The thought that this entire campus was for me helped me to overcome my fear of change and to ease the pain in my heart. The idea of college is very promising to me. For once I feel like I'm doing something for me, something thats beneficial, positive and rewarding. At times I feel like I've learned more on the first day of college than I did my whole career as student.

I'm glad me and whats-his-face broke up. Otherwise I wouldn't have enjoyed this experience to the fullest, as I am doing now.  So thank you, whats-his-face, I couldn't have done it without you.

Have a lovely day.

No comments: