Tuesday, December 9, 2003

The Queen of Nag Bit the Dust

For a long time I was so positive that things were just going to happen like that *snaps fingers* Meet a guy, date him for 7 years, get engaged, buy a wedding dress, get married, have babies and BOOM! That's life! NOT! I was sooooo wrong.

I thought I was going to marry my first boyfriend. We went out for 1 and 1/2 years, he was my first true love. (ack) We went to church together (I'm the most unholy person ever. I'm like Satan's first wife's sister's best friend.) We held hands everywhere we went. I went to all of his football practices. He was my first, you know, yeah. We filled up almost an entire photo album. He was the closest I ever came to completing one. But alas, all things must end at one point or another. Needless to say, we did not get married. Boy, am I glad. (I nicknamed him the "Chronic Crier")

When we broke up I was devastated. I thought my life was over. I had put so much of myself (including my "flower") into this relationship and he was just going to kick me to the curb like that?! What an asshole! This was my first taste of guys. You know "Scent of a Woman?" This is "Taste of a Guy."

After two more relationships like the one aformentioned, I can honestly say for the first time in my life, that I'm happy to just be alone. I'm happy with myself and my own little web of family and friends, that I don't even miss being the jealous beast that I was. The Queen of Nag bit the dust and I'm glad. I'll never have to see her tear-stained face and angry eyebrows again. Until guy #4 comes along, that is. (Although I must admit, third time's a charm and I think she may really have a mouth full of dust!)

 I'm not awaiting the arrival of my prince charming on a white horse with a glass slipper in his hand (the prince, not the horse.) I'm just waiting for someone to come along that I can fill up a photo album with. To me, that's love.

No comments: