Monday, December 22, 2003

The Wonder That Is Cory Matthews

     One of my biggest guilty pleasures ever is watching the Disney Channel.
While I was indulging last night (well, this morning at 2 a.m.) I realized what a truly remarkable actor Ben Savage is. You know, Cory Matthews from "Boy Meets World" ? He's a comedic genius! He has all of the humorous qualities down pat. Sarcasm, Volume, Timing, Variety, Facial Expressions, Hand Movements. He's a modern day Charlie Chaplin, sans black and white-fast moving-ripped film reels from the turn of the century.

     And although his Girl Friday, Topanga gets on my nerves more than dogs in ballet costumes, Ben comes along and steals the show with his quick witted comebacks and nappy hair.
As they say, all great things must come to an end and unfortunately, TV shows experience more finality than a funeral home. But all I can say is thank God for syndication and Cory Matthews.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I enjoy your wit! Keep writing =) Happy 2004 ~Meg~