Wednesday, December 3, 2003

Interesting Nothings

The world's largest coffee pot is located in Davidson, Saskatchewan. It measures 24 ft. tall and is made of sheet metal and could hold 150,000 8 oz. cups of coffee. Interesting. Too bad there's a Starbuck's right across the street from it. Apparently business isn't going too well for the quadruple oversized caffeine dispenser.

The Tokyo World Lane Bowling Center is the largest bowling establishment in the world with 252 lanes. Thank God the law of only once child per family was passed, otherwise only one family could go at a time.

The longest game of Monopoly ever played was 1,680 hours long-that's 70 days straight. I bet the car ran out of gas! I bet the horse was exhausted! I bet the ship sank! I bet the iron was cold! I bet the horse got hungry and ate the thimble!

The longest game of monopoly in a bathtub?? 99 hours. I ask myself, "Self, why would someone do that?"

Howard Kinsey and Mrs. R Roark hit the ball back and forth 2001 consecutive times in a game of tennis. I guess the audience members felt stupid buying pounds and pounds of canned food and flashlights for the 2000th when it turned out to be nothing.

On July 31, 1994 Simon Sang Sung of Singapore turned a single piece of dough into 8,192 noodles in 59.29 seconds. I am not amazed by that, but am  ASTOUNDED that SIMON SANG SUNG of SINGAPORE is not a worldwide known tongue twister.

At 12 years old, an African named Ernest Loftus wrote his first journal entry and continued to do so daily for 91 years. Hmm, makes me wonder why we don't see the "The Diary of Ernest Loftus" on Oprah's Blacklist. Oops, I mean Booklist.

In 1968, Steve Mcpeak rode his unicycle from Chicago to LA in six weeks. Interesting. Congratulations Steve McStupid.

In Muddy, Illinois, the post office measures only 7 1/2 ft by 10 1/2 ft, making it the world's smalled post office. Or the world's largest mailbox, depends on how you look at it.

And finally:

The Bible is the most shoplifted book in America. For repenance, most of these thieves do 17,000,000 Hail Mary's and 250,000,000 Our Fathers with a few Act of Contritions thrown in here and there.

No comments: