Thursday, January 8, 2004

90% off...Life Just Doesn't Get Any Better

Can you believe it? I woke up to a ringing telly at 9 a.m. I figured I should embrace the day and, reluctantly, roll out of bed and go out with mia madre for breakfast.

For as long as I can remember, "breakfast out" was at a quaint, ski lodge-esque cafe in a nearby town. It's sometimes the only constant in my life. But-hey now, what's this? They changed the name?! Why on earth would they do that?!

Anyhow, we go in, recognized by all (think 'the place where everybody knows your name') and first thing out of my mouth to my wonderful friend/waiter/chef Mike, "What the hell were you thinking?!"

The menu's changed a bit, but they still have my usual. Granola with yogurt and bananas, although today it felt like eating a bowl full of carboard, but I digress.

So after breakfast, madre and I go to the local CVS (it's WAY better than ours) and I head to the clearance section. No, I'm not cheap...THRIFTY! And Good Lord in the Heavens above! 90% off! GODDAMN LIFE JUST DOESN'T GET ANY BETTER!

Xmas Garland   .29

Xmas Candle Set   .69

Vase   .59

Xmas paper   .19    (Can you believe that?!)

Tree Topper   .49

So, you can pretty much see that I lived out one of my wet dreams today.

Have a lovely day.

No, YOU have a lovely day.

No comments: