Saturday, January 24, 2004

My Neurosis

I have strange behavior. Some may say it's a neurosis, and I agree.

I attempt to rearrange and rewrite and reorder all the recipes in the recipe box. I do about 1/16th of the job and leave it to collect dust for a year. Needless to say, there's not much baking going on around here anymore.

I pack and repack. I don't have a hope chest so I opted for dozens of cardboard boxes. They are scattered around in 5 different locations in the house. But are in great order. I have a "future kitchen" box, "baby stuff," "miscellaneous," "crafts for my kids when I have them," "stuffed animals," "bathroom," "candles," "den." I suppose it's a good thing to be prepared, but there is such thing as overly prepared, I'm assuming. I don't plan on moving out anytime soon. My mother even allowed me to pack her things that she uses now for my future use. Isn't she great?

I take doilies from resteraunts. I have no use for them now but swear when I have kids they will use them for a cutsey Valentine's Day project or something.

I also have an abundance of shoes. A surplus, even. I certaintly don't have 75 feet. I have a large amount of purses. And coats. The list goes on.

I have each room in the house, save my sister's, jam packed with my things. All my clothes don't fit in my closet and dresser. So, I use my dad's dresser. And my dad's closet. My mom's dresser and her crawlspace. I use the spare room's closet.

I buy things for the house I may have in the future. I just got a Maytag catalog and am looking at dishwashers. Well, I may as well be.

When I clean my bedroom I make a bigger mess. Then leave it.

I attempted to clean the basement, so that I could have a nice clean space to dirty up when I paint and refinish wood and things of that sort. I never finished. It's a mess. I literally seperated each screw from nail for weeks and abandoned it shortly thereafter.

I'm not a packrat. I throw hundreds of things out every 2 weeks or so. I give things to the Salvation Army and to the thrift store. Some people probably think they struck gold when they pick up a never worn pair of Gap jeans.

Some may say I can't finish what I start. But looky here, I'm almost finished writing this! But not quite.

I guess my neurosis may be a product of the zodiac. I'm a Gemini.

Me and the twins can't finish what we start. At least I'm not alone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

shouldn't it be i don't have 74 or i don't have 76 feet? are you missing the mate for a shoe? lol. i've got lots of shoes too. especially flip flops.