Monday, July 5, 2004

And the funk goes on...

I am swollen and not happy.

Did I ever mention the state bird here in NY?

Yeah, it's the mosquito.

When it comes to the 4th of July, I'm sort of a summer scrooge. I hate it. I hate fireworks and I hate crowds of people. And parades. Let's not forget parades. So my 4th of July was just another ordinary day. I stayed in bed all day (this is what Sean calls a "weedover") and left the house only on an ice cream run.

In bed, I watched "I love the 80's" on Vh1 for a good part of the day. Oh, how I love the 80's. And really, what's not to love? Legwarmers, huge hair, small robotic children living with an ordinary family. 'Tis classic. And speaking of huge hair, someone from Styx claims, "The bigger the hair, the closer you are to God." Yeah, that's it all you 80's-huge haired- legwarmer clad- Alf watching freaks!

In other news, my computer seems to be fixed, though my faith is not entirely restored in technology. I don't like depending on something inhuman, whose many malfunctions can hinder my day's plans. I.E. writing in my journal.

I'm still in that funk, as you probably can tell. The prayers are not working! Pray harder! Pray until your 2 little hands are raw and chafed from being stuck together! Pray until your knees ache from kneeling on the hardwood floors on your bedside! Pray until you actually believe in who you are praying to! No, wait. Don't do that. That would mess everything up.

Ah, the 80's. They were great.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh no! Do not go stealing my thunder..the mosquito is def. the state bird for Louisiana!
He can be your state mascot or something
: )
Kathleen