Thursday, July 15, 2004

Project Denny's

My day yesterday was just so...well that, I suppose. Just so. I must share it with you.

After not speaking to BFF for about a week (trouble in Paradise!) he called me. I was in my pj's sitting in front of the computer, unshowered, reading journals, occasionally glancing over my shoulder to the TV to watch "I love the 90's" on VH1.

We talked about nothing much for about an hour. I decided it was time for me to get showered, get dressed, mosey my little buns over there and pick him up. We can be miserable together. (I wasn't really miserable, just floopy. Yes, that's meant to say floopy. It's not just a gross misspelling of floppy.)

We go to Denny's. I'm hungy. He hasn't eaten in 3 days. This was needed. Time to catch up, grab up some grub and make fun of each other. We get there. We sit. We order.

He gets: 1 order of smothered cheese fries, no bacon.  Iced tea.

I get: 2 poached eggs, 4 pieces of toast, 4 slices of bacon, hash browns. Cranberry juice. (ward off any possible yeast infections, ha.)

Food comes, there's much rejoicing.

We eat. We eat. We eat. Occasionally, laugh. Stuff our faces. Drink. Rinse, repeat.

We throw in the napkins.

Arbitrary waitress walks by. I'm not even sure if its ours. I was still hungry. I couldn't see straight. "Can I get a pancake?" It comes off slightly rude and catches the woman off gaurd. I was beginning to think she wasn't even a waitress the way she stared at me.

"Just one?" She asks.

I nod, feverishly. I was fiending for a solitary pancake.

She brings it over. Anthony and I share it. Our real waitress comes over and tries to give us the bill. I shake my head, "More."

Anthony orders another order of fries. I order some mashed potatoes, green beans and carrots. We get free refills.

We continue talking like ordering this much food in one sitting is normal. We didn't realize the entire kitchen was staring at us. And pointing. Our waitress, seeming to be nominated by the rest of her coworkers to interview the pigs, comes over and asks, "Have you guys not eaten in a while?"

"I had breakfast." I say, as I watched as her face turned into utter disbelief. "I'm just hungry, that's all." She walked away. "They barely feed us in prison. Thank God we escaped." I tell Anthony. He laughs.

We spent about $40 in Denny's for 2 people. This is the state of mind we are in. This how whacked out we are. Absolutely nuts.

It is decided. BFF and I need to leave this city. It's time. We made life decisions over breakfast, lunch and dinner. In one sitting.

**editors note: I will post a link to Anthony's accounts of this day, as soon as his computer is up and running again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ahhh...Denny's where everyone makes thier life plans
Glad you too had so much fun!
mmmm, I would love a pancake right now...
Kathleen