Monday, September 6, 2004

No, No Manolo?! Are You Bloody Mad?!

I popped on AOL this morning and was instantly drawn to the AOL NEWS Headlines. It was not Hurricane Frances that grabbed my attention, nor was it God's, I mean, Bill Clinton's surgery, but THIS!

This is breaking news! But it's certainly not new news. Of course we know that high heels are bad for us! And furthermore, we know that mostly all of the shoes we wear are bad for us! Does that stop us from wearing them? Hell no, Manolo!

If you ladies out there are anything like me, (save for Jennifer, you can read about that here) you wouldn't care if the shoes really were made out of glass, as long as they looked simply fabulous with your ball gown.

I have every kind of shoe known to man. Stilettos, strappy sandals, flip-flops, clogs, sneakers, slippers, boots, ice-skates, I even have loafers for Chrissakes! I'm prepared for Y shoe K. If there's ever a shoe shortage, chances are, I'm walking amongst the barefoot in some silver high heeled number, tsk tsking at the poor, poor souls with pavement indentations on their tootsies. When it comes to shoes, Marissa has them covered.

All my 90+ boxes are labeled with pictures of the shoes in various different angles and settings. My favorites are my white Steve Madden heels (pictured above). Obsessed? Totally. Some people collect stamps, some collect seashells, some collect Donny & Marie paraphanelia. Me? I'm a shoe-collector. You hear of those people who ride roller coasters for a living? They call themselves roller coaster enthusiasts, well, I'm a shoe enthusiast.  Tomato, Tomahto.

But remember, there's only one way to say SHOE!

Bless you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, when you're 60 and can't walk, I'll volunteer to push you around in my size 3 tennies.  

That is if I'm not dead.

~~ jennifer

Anonymous said...

its ok, even in a wheel chair, you can still wear shoes!
*sigh* its just so hard being this good looking, right?
Kathleen