Sunday, May 2, 2004

Friends make the world go round.

With the impending end of Friends less than a week away (*sighs*) I figured it was only fitting to talk about some of my friends, those who may, or may not be, still around.

First and foremost is Anthony, or, as I usuall refer to him, BFF. (Whic, in case you didn't know, means "Best Friends FOREVER!" The emphasis is on forever like that just to show we're not being serious using that lame terminology.) Anthony entered my life about 5 years ago at a local cafe. We met, fell in (ick) love with the idiocy that is us and have been inseperable, save for the one year where I was m.i.a. for mental health reasons. I've had trouble holding up friendships in the past but hopefully that is all in the past. Love you, heffa.

Very closely following is Vicky. Although we aren't as close as we were, she still is very important and high on the list of people I'll never forget. We met in 7th grade, instantly (and when I say instantly I mean, like literally, an hour) became best friends. Up until about 11th grade or so we were thisclose, but of course, like any relationship, we endured some problems, some harder to forget than others, some trivial, but all in all, she had a large part in shaping who I am today. Love you, Vat.

Amee`. Dear sweet Amee`. She hated me in 3rd grade but became my friend so she would beinvited to my pool party. Cunning. Though I still haven't forgiven her for that (kidding) we've become very close in our late night talks about any of the following topics: death, Jeffrey Dahmer, Bob Saget, Richard Simmons, Josh Groban (eat it), Chris Latour (can thrower)...etc. She introduced me to many new ways of thinking and many old qualities about myself that I shouldn't disregard. Love you, Amee`.

My life hasn't exactly been filled with fairy-tale friendships. Here, I will give you a taste for some relationships starting and ending on a bad note.

Chris. About 6 or 7 years invested in this "friendship." I use the term "friendship" loosely here, since it was like a bad episode of "Saved by the Bell," with the constant battle for the others attention and purposely soaked kerosene matches to watch the other go down in flames. It was a trip thats for sure. It ended on a drunken mistake, which I don't regret, only because I am finally rid of the boy I loved to hate.

Meet Jessica. I was in love with her for years until we finally drifted apart and headed toward different sides of the tide. I think of her and miss her everyday, but still knowing it's better to start over again than try to rekindle something that's burned out.

Somewhere in there is Alisa. Enough said.

On this flip side, a few suprising friendships that bring me back to where I am today.

Justin. A constant for about 5 years now. He's my reassurane when I have self doubt and my strip hangman partner. Yes, we are veddy pervy.

Gabi. My beautiful girl. Keep shining.

Steve. My very first college friend. We spend countless hours running with tangets that are so long gone and inside jokes that keep us entertained for hours. I adore him, his guitar, his writing skills...and well, everything. He gives me hope that there are good in some people. Love you, and coincidentally, Happy Birthday.

Without Steve I wouldnt've met Brett (you brett your sweet asssss). One of the other very few genuine, kind people out there.

There are a few others I would like to give mention to, but space is limited (I feel like I'm at the Oscars and they keep trying to play the music and rush me off. Try steppin to my elite skills and get your shit ruined.) So here. Mario. Wayne. Rob. Jeff. Dan. Annie. Liz. Leigh. Jane. Amber (yes, you.) Katie. And whoever else, I didn't forget you. I just misplaced you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I <3 U!!!!