Saturday, May 15, 2004

Marissa Turns Back Time

It's 11:00 am here on this Saturday mornin as I still find myself without a job. But do I really have any right to complain? I am picky. I am not going to do a job that I don't enjoy, especially when it's money I don't really need.

Anyhow...

Last night in the midst of my boredom, I called the Minstrel (Justin) to come pull me out of my suffering. We had a grand ol' time. We went to the fair near his house and I, a college student, indulged in a little bit of pre-pubescent, pre-high school, pre-everything fun. I went on the fair rides! First we ventured up to some spinning-in-a-circular-cart shindig and I found myself among 6 or 7 8 year old boys, and of course, nearly 21 year old Justin. His head was poking out of the ride like a giraffe in a moshpit. And the middle of all of this, 2 of the younger boys were shouting obscenities about their flaccid genitals. This made for a very interesting ride. Indeed, I almost wet myself.

Next we mosied on over to my personal favorite, The Round Up. This is where you stand in a tiny cage, with only a chain holding you in, as you are spun around and raised into the air. I was placed next to some teeny-bopping little yappity girls and Justin. This ride would've been lame if it wasn't for us shouting "WHAAAAAAAAAA! WHOOOOOO! WOOT!" Good times. I exited ride feeling utterly silly for being a 19 year old participating in such activites. "So much better than college!" I shouted, so the cute ride attendant would no longer think of me as jailbait.

And finally, I lured Seany onto the Merry Mixer. This ride was so completely uneventful, except for the fact the comedian I once found myself hitting on was there...and he's 26. So all in all, really, whose laughing now?

I fit in last night. That was scary. I could very easily pass for a 13 year old girl, with my pigtails (hair is too short for just one!) and 5'1" frame. I saw a few people I knew there, and wanted desperately to make fun of them for being there, but alas, we were in the same boat. I am reminded of an old proverb, "Don't throw stones when you live in a glass house," right?

It did it's job. It got my mind off of the roller coaster and put it on the Round Up instead. Life is good when the air reeks of stale popcorn and strong colognes of 12 year old boys trying to sneak a kiss behind the DJ's tent. So romantic, making out to the tune of "Brown Eyed Girl" at 8 o'clock on a Friday night. Unless of course she has blue eyes. Then really, you got nothin.

14 Days to get in line and get your tickets to MY BIRTHDAY!

No comments: