Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Online Support.

In response to a message posted by yours truly on 10/17/04:

Dear Bunny,

 I'm glad that you came to our board. There are many kind, supportive women on this board who are always willing to give any advice that they have. That said, depression is NEVER something to just brush-off. Especially since you have been diagnosed with MDD. I have MDD and Borderline Personality Disorder and have attempted suicide three times now. The reason your friends have brushed this off is probably just because they don't understand it. I have had this happen to me several times. People who have never had any experiance with depression feel very weird about talking about it with another person, especially if on the outside this person seems to be a very strong, normal person. MDD is a very serious illness. Unfortunatly, this will not go away until you deal with it, ignoring it or brushing it off will only make it worse. Also, if you feel there is something that's not quite right, it's because something is not quite right. It would probably be very beneficial to you to talk to your doctor or possibly a psychologist. Personally, I hit rock bottom about 8 weeks ago. I started therapy because I  knew something was wrong, although I wasn't thrilled about the prospect of seeing a shrink. I went from sitting all day long in my pajamas with the blinds closed to feeling better than I ever have. I have more self-confidence then ever and just a general good feeling about my life, something that I've never had before. Please feel free to stop by and post anytime, the girls around here are always more than willing to help. *hugs* Samantha

"It's not the end that I fear with each breath, it's life that scares me to death"~ Rise Against

 

Thank you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so true...throughout my younger childhood and a couple of years after my mother passed I was put on depression meds. I saw a pyschologist twice a week after my mom passed. It really helped me go up and deal with clinical depression. I had never tried suicide, but my head was ringing with it when I was younger. It really helped me to cope when I reached out for help.

Anonymous said...

it rocks you put a rise against qoute in there.