Wednesday, October 6, 2004

Sometimes...

Today was the first day in long time that didn't have "major suckfest" written all over it. Maybe it was because Jehova Jr. blessed me over a can of diet Pepsi and chips over lunch or maybe it's because I rocked out on my bio test (79, baby!) Who knows? But I hope it lasts.

Sometimes, when things get crappy (read the last, like, million entries) I have these moments of lucidity in which I realize it's not always going to be this bad. When I understand that this is only one grain of sand on the entire beach. This too shall pass. No?

It sometimes takes a moment to take a step back and look at yourself that triggers an onsent of absolute clarity you longed for during those times of depression. Today, driving home from school, I took the back roads. I passed a lake (a reservoir, whatever...I'm not in Ruraltown, USA) and the sun was shining (I sometimes forget it exists) and colors of red, orange and yellow blended where green used to lay. (That last part was taken from a poem I wrote last year around this time. Alright, enough with the commentary.) Anyhow, I smiled as I drove up and down the windy hills, the sun warming my frozen core, driving out the remains of a shitty week. I'm ready to start over, again.

I smell rebirth!

...See how extreme I can be?...

But I must remind myself, in these moments of lucidity, that even though the sun is shining, it doesn't always mean it's warm.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bio test score is terrific.  It's so good to see you happy.  That makes me smile.

~~  jennifer

Anonymous said...

dinosaur bbq baby! Greasy food for greasy bikers! yummers!

Anonymous said...

oh yay! I'm so happy that you're happy!
79 ....that's hot....: )
Good job.
I hope this week just keeps getting better than ever
Kathleen