Wednesday, October 13, 2004

"Invitation to Disaster"

 

I'm watching the debates. I can't help but think of infomercials. Don't try to sell me life insurance, I'd rather get mine from Mickey Rooney.

I'm slowly realizing why I never watch these things. And why I don't get involved in politics. I can't watch it without wanting to throw the TV against the wall. Don't look into the camera and act like you're trying to sell your product to me. Chances are, I'm not going to want to buy it. Especially when the product is in bible or nazi form.

Politics should have nothing to do with religion and vice versa. They are two very seperate institutions which have been shoved together for hundreds of years, without any resolve. Religion, perhaps one of the touchiest subjects, has proved to be the main cause for wars and peacelessness throughout history, and here we are...setting ourselves up for the kill again. It's like oil and water, they just don't mix. If you get a Christian guy in office, you get Christian-bsaed laws, you get a Protestant, you get Protestant-based laws. Where's the atheist candidate? He has my vote. You are not chosen by God to rule a country. And if in some freaky-deaky way that's true, God's a sadist for watching us suffer in four year increments. Keep your religion away from me, I don't want to catch it. Teaching out of 3,000 year old book in an ever-changing society. Real smart, assholes.

Religion is their excuses for being white, top-notch, inbred masochists in their outdated, mangled beliefs on choice and freedoms. You believe in freedom of choice, Kerry? What if I chose to marry another woman? Would that be legal under your rule? Of course not, your "freedom of choice" is rigid in that it cannot withstand the entire issue of gay marriage. Your Christian views are obstructing your ability to govern a sovereign nation of citizens, including the increasing numbers of homosexuals who stand tall with "Liberty" written across their chests, just like the rest of us.

And Bush, it is so good of you to shove a few thousand extra dollars down the throats of small-town school to promote abstinence only sex education classes, that really ought to decrease the number of abortions, don't you think? Because really, if kids aren't taught to have sex properly they won't have it at all, right? It's like sitting a small child in a room filled with toys and telling him not to play with them. They always listen, you know how kids are. Make daddy proud.

My faith is dwindling in this country. I don't believe we will ever get ourselves out of this mess, since no one has our best interest at heart on their never-ending quest for power. And even though I have trouble believing that my vote counts, namely after the Florida fiasco, I will be there early in the morning on November 2nd, getting my free apple juice and cookie after voting. It is like giving blood, after all. And on the night of Nov. 2nd, I too, will be glued to the television in anticipation of which man will be running this country into the ground. He who gets there first wins. And judging by each of their stances, I won't be happy either way. Here's to Hillary. It's no longer a man's job. She can piss farther than either of you and my bet is she has bigger balls, too.

Stand there, in your stuffed shirts, speak your bullshit like a two a.m. infomercial on PBS and act like you know what you're doing. This isn't like going into the SATs without studying. This is running a country. You can't wing it.

 prisoner of war.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://ginaskunkvondunajew.blogspot.com     Read me homeslice-oh and yer post think about Canadian citizenship cuz I am