Monday, October 25, 2004

Update: Can't you see I'm still dying?

Taken a few pain pills and a couple liters of Robitussin but to no avail. The gods of mucus and inflammation of the brain are doin' quite the little tango number atop my electric blanket. Cute, ain't it?

I go from hot to cold in a matter of nano-seconds. My hands and feet are clammier than the Fisherman's Wharf. Somebody call a doctor. Somebody call the morgue. I think I'm dying.

I've watched Carrie and Big break-up and reconcile then break-up again, have make-up sex and have cold pizza in his empty apartment. I never watched so much television. I've never been so jealous of good health. *Sigh* When will it end? Just take me now!

Was it all worth it? Was going out and drinking and clubbing it scantily clad on a cold, fall night worth the headache and post nasal drip following? I want to say yes, but I'm not sure I'm sure. Maybe I wasn't cut out for this fabulous persona. Let's face it, I'm not even legal to drink! Should I cut up my fake i.d. for my last year and a half of a sober lifestyle? Or should I tango every Friday and Saturday night with friends in skimpy clothing? The latter sounds much more appealing. But alas, my head is pounding. The morning after isn't so glamorous.

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well I'm feeling your pain for having to watch day time TV. Theres not much to watch there. :P
I think when we get sick enough to be house ridden we really value feeling "alive".  That was my same feelings with that damn sinus infection that lasted three works before I could breathe properly last year. That was with the Z-pack med, too. Next time I'm saying more more stronger medication. LOL
Hope you are feeling better soon. I'm sure you have some fun times to replay for going out and having fun though.