Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Black Friday: it's no longer just for socialites.

Feels great to sit back and relax in front of my computer after another grueling day at work. I must remind myself to enjoy tomorrow as much as I possibly can, since it's my only day off for a long time. Let the meloncholy begin.

My head aches and my stomach is wrestling with the huge pulled pork sandwhich I just ate (yes folks, I do realize what time it is and what I really wanted was a pushed pork sandwhich. HAHAHA.) I can't wait to fully digest and crawl into my bed. I spent 6 hours baking today, and 6 hours working. That's 12 hours I feel I could write off for tax season next year as a donation of my time and services. I even stayed late at work to help get ready for that disgusting holiday Black Friday which is rapidly approaching, to my utter dismay. I just don't see the appeal here people. What is it about EVERYONE being out shopping that makes you want to join in? What happened to all the social misfits and hobbits of the world? How did you get them to come out? Free samples of Zoloft and a flyer for Best Buy? Gee, why didn't they think of that 10 years ago!

Come to Michael's everyone! It's your one-stop for everything craft, including mac & cheese! There's a gift for everyone here! Howabout a nice stationary set for those on your list who don't like moving gifts? (Get it? Hahahahah!) No? What do you say about a Stuff Your Own Teddy Bear Kit! Your wife said she wanted a Teddy this year! And if she gets mad and throws it at you, just remember to keep your reciept and within 30 days you can exchange it for that glue gun you've been eyeing. Don't know what to get your bratty kids? How about a muzzle. We don't sell them here, but you can go right next door to Pet Supplies Plus and get one there. Might as well pick up a kennel and a leash while you're at it. Don't know what those little bastards have on their minds. Still confused about what to get dear old mom? Howabout cake decorating classes? Tell her how much you she means to you but let her down gently when you tell her her frosting flowers look like shriveled gentalia. She'll keep you at the top of her list next year.

For all of you out there who plan on going out on Black Friday, remember, as long as your patient and respectful to your cashiers, they will be to you too.

No comments: