Friday, November 12, 2004

Weekend Assignment #33

Weekend Assignment #33: You can have any person, past or present, sing any song for you that you want. What is the song, and who is singing it for you?

Extra credit: Name a singer you wish you could sing like, but can't. So that means even those of you with excellent voices have to pick someone you can't sing like.

 

Oh, the choices. Just reading this triggered a fantasy I've always had, for m'dearest singer/songwriter serenading me with my favorite song of his.

"She's Always A Woman To Me" By Billy Joel, high on the corn factor indeed, but rings oh so true of me, if I do say so myself. And I do.

Check 'em out! It's like he wrote it for me after that hot night we spent together.

She can kill with a smile
She can wound with her eyes
She can ruin your faith
With her casual lies
And she'll only reveal
What she wants you to see
She hides like a child
But she's always a woman to me


She can lead you to love
She can take you or leave you
She can ask for the truth
But she'll never believe you (chances are because you're lying)
And she'll take what you give her
As long as it's free (some like to call that freeloading, not Billy.)
Yeah, she steals like a thief (just a few times. Okay, I steal my lunch everyday)
But she's always a woman to me


Oh, she takes care of herself
She can wait if she wants
She's ahead of her time
Oh, and she never gives out (yeah, right.)
And she never gives in
She just changes her mind (quite frequently actually.)


And she'll promise you more than the Garden of Eden
Then she'll carelessly cut you
And laugh while you're bleeding
But she'll bring out the best
And the worst you can be
Blame it all on yourself (always, I can do no wrong.)
'Cause she's always a woman to me


She is frequently kind
And she's suddenly cruel
She can do as she pleases
She's nobody's fool
But she can't be convicted
She's earned her degree (in the process, but you get the jist.)
And the most she will do
Is throw shadows at you (I don't get it?)
But she's always a woman to me

Hopefully in due time he will be able to sing this to me, if he doesn't crash into another tree on a pizza run in the near future. Here's hoping.

And part deux:

If I could sing like anybody in the whole wide world, I would like to sing like Kim Carnes. Don't know who she is? Here's a hint: She's got Bette Davis Eyes.

 He's so crapping fabulous.

 Does anyone else see the resemblence of Kim and Judith Light pre-shaved-head for default role in a lifetime movie about battered women? Uncanny. She's got Judith Light Eyes.

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool choices!  I almost picked Kim Carnes myself, I would love to have a husky voice like hers!

Anonymous said...

Ohhh hehe she does look like judith light <the angela days><whos the boss> LOL
I love that billy joel song and I havent heard it in a while
Thanks for the memory of a great song:)
Chelle
http://journals.aol.com/chellebelle1977/chellesjournal
http://journals.aol.com/the2pimpettes/Letthepimpingbegin/