Sunday, November 7, 2004

sleep.

It's one of those nights.

I'm lying there, watching TV waiting for sleep to visit, when I get an insatiable urge for someone to talk to. It's not so much as being alone as it is lonliness. And let's face it, sometimes that visits more than sleep. I am not longing for companionship...I was looking for an adult conversation. I wanted to talk to someone who could wax poetic and wax philosophical until the wee hours of morning with me, to keep my spirits company, in a sense, to give me hope that maybe someone in my cellular phone book is doing the same exact thing, wanting to talk.

I went through the names. Sleeping. Away at school. New number. Not friends anymore. Drunk. Spent the whole weekend with, probably is sick of me.

That narrowed the list down some.

I know who I was looking for.

I know who I wanted to talk to.

I know I deleted his name and number. But I remember both.

Here's to the night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too have had many,many nights like that.   I'm usually awake very late, sometimes no sleep at all. Feel free to im or email me anytime, Nic

Anonymous said...

oh, yeah, my blog is called Waxing Philosphical.......come see me! We can talk and laugh. Betcha