Thursday, November 18, 2004

Grab the tools!

Yesterday was my second day back at work and I was kind of excited to see some of my new coworkers. It was us 4 girls up at the front and closing for the night. We sat around and looked through bridal magazines (gag me with a spoon! ACK!) since there was NO ONE in the crafty mood on a Wednesday night, it seemed. We decided to call ourselves "Sex and the Craft Store" since we had a redhead, a very uncanny Charlotte, a girl who idolizes Samantha and, wait...what's this? I'm Carrie? No complaints here! I have the shoe collection to prove it!

Two of the girls have boyfriends that they are "soooooooo in love with. We're practically married already." And as they smiled about this, inside, I silently felt sorry for them. What's wrong with that? Should I really be denouncing and feeling pity for someone whose in so-called love? Am I just so beyond bitter and angry at my own unfortunate turn of bad relationships that I cannot even pretend that I want that again?

But if I take a step back, it's plain to see that the one thing all of these dead-enders have in common is me. Maybe it wasn't them. Maybe it was me.

I can sit here for hours and list the things that are wrong with me. But this is my journal, not a red leather couch in a shrink's office. And what's the use drowning in my shortcomings? I should just use my time management skills a bit more wisely and try to fix these things.

I mean, when something's broke you fix it, right?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Right!

....and Pleeeeease, when you do, come over and give me step by step instructions cuz I'm way gone!!!

Oh yeah..And Carrie, I have a date with Nobody tonight, can I borrow a pair of your shoes? *wink*

Barb~