Thursday, November 25, 2004

My 20 Thank You's

Here's a list I put together for all the things I'm thankful for this year.

1 - Breakups. They get a bad rap, but sometimes it just needs to happen.

2 - Journals. What would I do without mine? I'd have to tell everyone what I really thought of them instead of just posting it here. Thank God for technology.

3 - Anthony. He's beyond good to me.

4 - Sangria. It's what got me through family time today.

5 - Carrie Bradshaw. It's good to watch someone other than myself mess up for a change. And she does it with such style.

6 - Amber. Could her accent be any cuter? She took the word "creepy" right out of "we met online."

7 - Cute men.

8 - Self-expression, no matter what its form, if its yours, its you.

9 - Fool-proof methods of birth control. There's no greater present than knowing you're not pregnant for the holidays.

10 - AOL JOURNAL COMMENT ADDED Alerts! Love those!

11 - Bill Clinton. I find the least bit of comfort in knowing the world wasn't always this screwed up.

12 - CSPAN. It's good to know there's always good TV waiting for me when I can't sleep.

13 - TiVo. With my new crazy schedule, it's hard to catch Jeopardy everyday.

14 - Electric Blankets. Dante never mentioned the inferno was this good.

15 - The 80's. Do I need a seperate number for Top Gun?

16 - Coffee. That columbian man is in for some sexual favors if he and his horse ever come to my window.

17 - The Backstreet Boys. Loving someone who was too famous to actually hurt me was probably the best kind of love I could have.

18 - Friday mornings with my dad. We go out and get coffee and Italian pastries before I go to class and he goes to work. We sit and talk and when we leave, I kiss him goodbye and thank him for our date.

19 - That the holidays are almost over.

20 - Me. I am thankful that I've made it this far and that I couldn't have shared with anyone better.

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am thankful for you too.  And your journal.  Don't worry...the next 30 days, or so, will go quickly.  

Unless, of course, you work in retail AND have finals.......

~~ jennifer, who can't help but to piss on Wheaties

Anonymous said...

I;m with you for number 19...I can't wait
Kathleen