Wednesday, June 9, 2004

A look back at yesterday, today.

It's 97 degrees here today which is why I'm huddled here in front of my pc in the air-conditioned house. Contrary to the stifling, borederline unbearable heat outside, it's -40 degrees in here. I'm not happy.

I went to Planned Parenthood yesterday to get tested for STDs and HIV. I figured I should get tested every now and then to keep mysef clean. So I go, wait for what seemed like years, until finally it was my turn to use those infamous stirrups. I stripped waist down and lunged myself forward towards the gyno and, in trying to make light of the situation, joked "No offense!" She didn't get it, nor find it funny once I explained "we barely know each other!" I didn't find anything funny when she started scraping various objects against my vaginal wall, either. In fact I may have shrieked a little.

I get my results in 3 weeks.

On the way out, the Christian fundamentalists with thier WWJD signs offered my friend and I a pamphlet. We declined politely, then proceeded to cross the street, only to nearly miss getting hit by a car. "Excuse us, sir, do you happen to have any pamphlets on crossing the street? Thank you."

And in response to their WWJD---Jesus was a man! Jesus wouldn't get pregnant! Ha!

In other areas...(pun always intended in this journal)...

I have a recurring dream. It's about Mario and I in a car. Each time we end up professing our undying love for each other and proceed to kiss, rather passionately. (I watch way too many movies I know.) This dream, at first, was nice. It was my escape from the reality being we couldn't be together. But now, it's aggravating. Up until yesterday I felt I was accomplishing alot and moving on but then there he was.

BAM! Right in front of me! I didn't know what to do.

There he stood in all of his beautiful glory...lookin as foxy as the last time I saw him. I stared for a moment, in disbelief. Then I looked away, as fast as I could, and tried to catch my breath. How do you react to situations like this? What's the protocol for running into a feeling you're trying to avoid? Well, I did what any other smart girl would...call your best friend, upset, near tears. So I did. And what do I get?

"Did you honestly think you'd never run into him?"

Thanks for that. Need to keep it real. Not. "Of course I didn't plan on running into him! ARRGHHHH!" (or something to that effect.)

So here's to moving on again. Hopefully my subconscious is with me this time. It's hard to forget about something that's always there, though it's fading fast. I guess it's a blessing in disguise though, it did cure me from that poetic dry spell I was amid.

And then I mounted my horse and rode into the sunset. *

Good day.

 

*Editors note : Got some to get my mind off things. **

**Editors note: It didn't work.

 

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oooh, its always fun to mess with the WWJD freaks!
Sorry about your close encounter!
Kathleen