Tuesday, June 1, 2004

Goodbye.

It goes as follows:

So this is it. I am done now. Last night was my reassurance that this isn't going to work. I've held onto the hope for too long now and I am finished with it. I want to say thank you, first, for the wonderful days and days we spent together. It will be something I will hold close to me for a long time. I won't forget you, that's a promise. I wish it didn't happen this way. I didnt want those memories we made tarnished and tainted with prolonged agony of letting go and they somewhat are. You are beautiful. You are amazing, despite everything that happened between us. You are a good person. I am not good at goodbyes or moving on, but I must learn how to and the journey begins now. I am sorry we couldn't be friends and even more sorry we couldn't be "together" (in that way.) I spent many many many nights lying in bed, wishing you were there holding me, even though I knew you weren't thinking the same thing. And thats where I went wrong I suppose. I'm not going to cry, this time, I'm holding 'em back because I don't want to say that I cried over losing something that was never mine to begin with. I will miss you, and the idea of us. I'm getting off this roller coaster and stepping back onto solid ground where I can catch my breath. I am tired. I don't know what else to say. I have nothing left in me to give you, or to try to give you. Goodbye. Don't forget me. And I will give your movie to Ant to give to you, so don't you worry. Take care of yourself and I hope to see your name on the Oscars list for Best Director one day. You'll win. Sometimes you can just tell these things.
                                       
                                          Marissa

 

So Goodbye, again.

No comments: